Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday

Early start today, Country Championships at Glendale, 5000m.

Ran first lap easy to see who was serious. As it turned out, no-one, so I went through in a 65s second lap. After 3km was nearly half a lap in front. Lost interest from then on. Finished 1st 15'35". Just a waste of a week of training. Freshened up expecting some name runners to show up. No show. Might run State 5km B Grade on Thursday night.

(*Good run from Jason Maxwell, although I think his potential in the Steeplechase has yet to be explored*)

3 comments:

speedygeoff said...

Hi Paul, just came across your blog. Love the photo of you leading Deek, pity about Pat in front. Such photos are prized possessions. You're still running very well, not much slower than your pbs really (could be a lot worse!), pity your pbs were so damned fast!

Ewen said...

I was here first Geoff!

It's a pity nobody showed up. You are Country Champion for 2008 though.

Thursday night will be better. I take it B-grade is 15+ which should suit you.

Anonymous said...

My potential has been realised. After a dissapointing 5000m, I did infact win the 2000 metre steeplechase for 40-49 year. I was surprised to see Mr Arthur didn't turn up to compete. The 5000m jog in the morning must have been to exhausting!

The Maxman