Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday

(*Once again I have been accused of not typing exactly what Paul says. All right, then.*)

This blog isn't about running. It's about me. I am an alcoholic and a compulsive gambler. I live in a tin shed. I am sitting here in the dark with a bottle of red wine, listening to music and thinking about the best way to end my life. I don't want to be here anymore.

I did 4 x 1km reps at Chittaway Point. I don't know why I ran. I do it, just like I get up in the morning.


4 comments:

Jac's Mum said...

(*If you think you have the answers for Paul, think again. I have learned over the past years, that it doesn't matter what people tell you, what they give you, how they try to help you. Only Paul knows what he needs to do, to be who he wants to be. After he decides that, people can help him along the way, but not all the way. If things get too easy, it's too easy to let things slide. Journeys like his need to be a fight for every little bit of distance gained. I'm sorry things look this way to you, Paul, but you'd be pissed off with yourself for running a race like this - why let your life go without a fight?*)

Anonymous said...

Paul,

The greatest race you have ever won, will fade into insignificance when your daughter turns to you and says "I love you daddy".

Having someone love you unconditionally and unselfeshly regardless of whether your right or wrong, is worth living thru your worst day.

Your Friend The Maxman

Jac's Mum said...

*I am amazed at the voyeuristic nature of blogs. Over 60 people have visited this blog in the last 24 hours. One comment.

I am proud of Paul for putting his reputation aside, to face his demons. Gives running a whole other dimension.*

(Crap. That "Eye Of The Tiger" theme song just won't stop playing in my head. Some stuff about guts and glory.. hate boxing)

Anonymous said...

Hi there Paul,

Just wanted to say hello mate, would be good to see you in Canberra for the Marathon !

Cheers,

GRIFFIN