Sunday, January 13, 2008

Very, very tough

My intentions were to run to the Orchard solid but in control. Turned in 68 min, just maintained rhythm on the way back, as it was very hot. Overall time 2hr 09. Very grateful to Margaret Beardslee for giving me a drink of water on the way back. Total km for the week 175.

Woke up this morning in such a negative frame of mind. Did not want to to do my long run, but I had already confirmed with my coach Rob Beardslee that I would be there to do it. My intentions were to break two hrs, but the ball never really got rolling. Tough day in the office. I really hate running at the moment. I really don't know why I am doing this. I should have listened to my coach and just run relaxed and easy - it's just time on my feet. The closer I got to the finish, two things excited me - seeing my little daughter, and knowing there was a Pepsi Max waiting in the fridge. I hope Hilary Clinton wins the American election, and the Australian cricket team is really pissing me off, because I think they're up themselves.

Final comment from coach - "progress is good".

(*kudos to baby 'Grete, who did her first long run today, although she insisted on being carried for the last couple of k's - something about sh*t suspension on the stroller, I think she said. Work begins on a new prototype stroller*)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey mate.

Shame you didn't make Stalky's Half - I would've enjoyed watching your arse from behind, no matter how briefly.

Maybe it would have been a good showdown between you and Fats pre Six Foot ... perhaps a psychological edge for one of you guys ....

Bernie G says g'day, and my contribution is to remind you that Saturday is the day before Sunday, to avoid any future confusion.

Cheers, Blue Dog. (Go The Dog!)